Last year I decided that your birthday would become my Random Act of Kindness day. I always do small things throughout the year but I try exceptionally hard on your birthday. The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. Your birthday is this Friday so that means the world should be prepared to be RAK'd.
Baby girl you are doing amazing things from where you are. You blow my mind everyday in every way. Some how you manage to dip your finger into everything we do. You are changing the world one person at a time. Enlightening hearts and sending spirits soaring. Let's see how we can RAK it up this year!
I love you Bean!
For all my readers and followers, Look below for some ideas on how to RAK it up. A RAK doesn't have to cost money, it can be as simple as a hello or a hug. I have attached a printable sheet of RAK cards to hand out when you do something.
- Say hello to someone
- Tape quarters to the candy machines at the grocery store and place a card that says YOU"VE BEEN RAK'D.
- Hold the door for someone
- Go to a nursing home and spend some time with the people who live there
- Help someone who's car is broken down
- Help someone with yard work
- Read to kids at the library
- Let someone have your place in line
- Pick up trash at the park
- Make a new friend
- Make someone smile
- Buy the person in line behind you's coffee or meal
- Write a letter to someone who inspired you
- Visit the animal shelter
- Donate books/clothes/food to a charity
- Listen to someone in need
- Be a Designated Driver
- Adopt a soldier
- Donate that $1 at the store for whatever cause they are collecting for
- Tape a RAK card and a package of popcorn to the redbox in your area
You can find more here:
100 Ideas for Good Karma - RAK
RAK for Harper Pinterest board
Participating in RAK for Harper will make your heart and soul feel good! Help me spread love and joy on Friday July 12, 2010.
PRINTABLE RAK CARDS:
HEY...PSSST! PASS THIS ON! Send this link all over the world, let RAKs happen everywhere. Help me spread the love!
When you commit a RAK please comment and let us know!
OUR RAK CARDS!